AAFCS E-Book Series
Family and Consumer Sciences Compendium Series
Click here to purchase.
This all-digital series is a peer-reviewed collection of previously published works by AAFCS in the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, AAFCS Webinars, and other selected works. Each volume will focus on a specific topic within the broad field of family and consumer sciences.
Volume 3: Financial Literacy, 2019 Edition
This third Volume of the Compendium Series is organized in a manner intended to provide financial education research, subject matter content, and materials/resources. Articles in this volume cover dozens of essential topics such as entrepreneurship, personal finance mandates, elder financial exploitation, technology teaching tools, financial health, savings behavior, student loans, personal finance core concepts and competencies, and many more. These articles were originally published in two AAFCS journals, the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences and the Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, between 2014 and early 2019 and are reprinted in their entirety. Also included are abstracts from recent national conference presentations, free access to AAFCS webinars on related topics, and comprehensive resource lists.
Volume 3 is presented in five sections:
- Section 1. Articles from Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Section 2. Articles from the Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal
- Section 3. Presentation/Abstracts from AAFCS Annual Conferences (2014-2019)
- Section 4. AAFCS On Demand Webinars (2017-2019)
- Section 5. Curated List of Videos for Financial Education Programs and Teacher Lesson Plans
- Section 6. Curated List of Learning Activities for Financial Education Programs and Teacher Lesson Plans
- Section 7. Additional Research and Resources on Financial Literacy and Personal Family Finance
- Section 8. National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Area of Study 2.0, Consumer and Family Resources
- Section 9. AAFCS Financial Literacy Credentials
This volume is ideal for use in college and university courses that integrate instruction on financial literacy topics.
Also appropriate for:
- Educators in Cooperative Extension
- Secondary educators
- Professionals seeking current research & resources focused on personal and family finance
Compendium Series Editorial Advisory Board
- Carol L. Anderson, PhD, CFCS
Professor Emerita, Cornell University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2002-2006)
- Scott S. Hall, PhD, CFLE
Professor, Ball State University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2015-present)
- Carole J. Makela, PhD, CFCS
Professor, Colorado State University
Editor, Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (2006-2012)
- Lori A. Myers, PhD, CFCS
AAFCS Senior Director: Credentialing, Education, and Research
Member price: $39.95
Nonmember price: $49.95
Click here to purchase. You will be prompted to log in to your MyAAFCS account.
Large quantities of the Compendium Series are available to bookstores. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.